Need help identifying the next up and coming neighbourhoods in Toronto? We can help.
1. City plans for investment or revitalization in the neighbourhood, is a good sign that it is a up and coming neighbourhood.
2. Well kept older neighbourhoods where you are starting to see new buyers give a major facelift to the homes.
If the homes are well kept, they are more likely to become popular
3. Areas that are less than a 45 minute commute to downtown by public transport
4. Sleepy, safe neighbourhoods
(crime rates for all neighbourhoods are available from the Toronto Police website)
5. Neighbourhoods with highly rated schools that have not seen the same level of appreciation as other areas in recent of years .
(all schools are rated by the Fraser Institute each year and available online)
With interest rates still close to an all time low, there are up and coming neighbourhoods out there that are still affordable and great investments. A realtor that works in that area can also help point you in the right direction. Your home will most likely be the biggest investment that you make, you want to do it wisely.
Want to hear more from us? Sign up for our newsletter!
We’ll keep you up to date with what’s happening in the local area.